Friday, December 25, 2009

Santa Claus Won't Make Me Happy

Sawadee pee mai. In thailand this is how one says Merry Christmas! In the morning it was hot and no Christmas baking was drifting in the air. I missed my family and the snow. I know that may seem hard for some to believe but both David and I wished we were home with our families. We both missed snowboarding and sleds. We missed skating and hot chocolate. It felt so odd hearing Christmas music playing the same feeling you get when some one plays jingle bells in the summer. The only ornaments and lights seemed out of place like someone had forgotten to take them down for the summer. If no one hear said Merry Christmas I would not even know that today was Christmas. I miss waking up on Christmas morning with my family and eating treats that my mom had made. I miss opening presents and chatting in my pajamas. David and I woke up that morning and got dressed in Christmas colors. Read the Christmas story from the bible a couple of times, and listened to Christmas music. Then went on skype with my family back home in Canada. It snuck up on me Christmas this year, sneaky like it was trying to sneak past unnoticed. This will be the second Christmas I missed with my family, Davids as well. As much as I loved going to BC for Christmas, it wasn't the same not having my family there. I miss decorating the tree and placing presents under the tree with Shala. Baking with my mom. Watching the fire burn. Skating and drinking hot chocolate with Tilly. Sledding with big groups of friends. I guess this is one of those things that need to be done at least once in my life to spend the celebration of our Lords birth in another country.

1 comment:

  1. Girl. I miss you too. I had kind of an unconventional Christmas, seeing as Cherise, Nathan and I were intending to drive to BC to see my dad for Christmas. Nathan bailed and then I prayed and God said no, so all that planning was for naught. Actually God said NO. Needless to say, my dad is super mad at Nathan cause he backed out first. He backed out cause of the weather or something stupid. Cherise and I then went to my grandparents in the morning for lunch and a few games. After that I headed out to Waldheim with Nathan and spent the remainder of Christmas with Nathan (and David's) extended family. Don't worry David, your socks and tape are still under the tree. : ) Now I'm fighting with Nathan cause he's calling me childish and telling me to grow up and then there's Donovan. I spent New Year's at his house in PA. It was so much fun. A good New Years. But anaways. I started this comment with the intention of telling you that I haven't been skating yet this year, either for lack of time, or because it's been -40 FOREVER. Way too cold. But I did go for a walk in the crunching snow last night and it was glorious. Miss you guys. Come home.

    ReplyDelete