Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chiang Mai My Playground

David and I travelled to Chiang mai and stayed in a hotel it was rainging but still warm. We then wondered the streets of Chiang mai till we found a little guest house called cm blue house. I wasn't to sure about the guest house at first but now it feels like my home away from home. David and I went ziplining and went to the Tiger Kingdom. The Tiger Kingdom is a zoo where you can go into the cage and pet the lions for about 15 minutes. You walk into their cage with the trainer and you can pet them but not to close to their face or they get mad. The baby tigers were my favorite because they walked around you could walk lay beside them and pet them. David and I thought the big tigers were intense! The eyes of a tiger that close is kinda scary. David has been getting sick the last couple of days and we have made way to many hospital trips. He got an x ray and a blood test and lots of other tests and when they couldn't come up with a good diagnosis David decided it was time for him to head home and to get a canadian doctor to take a look at him. Dad and I went with him in a red truck (no seat belts)to the airport where we watched David go through security. I miss him already. I loved traveling with him and going to the amazing night markets here. figuring out some new things to do and exploring the streets of Chiang mai. I miss Tilly. I keep seeing things that she would like. At the same time I'm sure the amount of nuts in thai food would have her either on drugs the whole time or starving. The day before David went to the hospital we also had to get Dad there because he has gotten a green bike of his own to crash. He broke his collar bone and his ribs and now has to wear a brace that makes him look like a linebacker. I plan on going mountain biking tomorrow and then see how much it costs to go to angkor wat and back for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment