Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thai Whisky+Scottish Girls+ABBA=laughter

Today I was forced into my own little universe. Traveling by myself seems way more interesting at times then when I travel with other people. I interact more with the world around me. I found out that if you go to little shops they offer you samples pineapple squires, gummy sweets, and strong thai whisky. Now Im not saying I went to many of these shops but I would say that if you are bored one afternoon and want to get very drunk for free, their is a way! I made friends with many different people but never really stuck with them long enough to really consider them anything more then a nice stranger. I went for supper with Rochelle a friend of mine from camp when I was a little girl, and I met a Scottish friend of hers, Krissy. I ended up spending the night at her place with her as she likes to call "stuped cat"Noah because of her Scottish backround tho Krissy tends to swear more then Im used to the average person swearing so she called the cat more then just stupid. I went to school with Rochelle. Rochelle teaches at an international school in Chiang mai along with her husband Anderson. The kids they teach are doing mama mia as a musical and I assisted Krissy with getting all the props written down ( or sat and watched same thing). The mix of kids is really interesting seeing as I went to a small town school in the middle of Saskatchewan. We then went to Rochelle's favorite massage place and got rubbed and stretched from head to toe. Also known as a thai massage.
We then headed to the mall where I found lots of amazing things but none of them were small enough for me to take home. Sad.
Krissy and I argued about the difference in pizza because Thai pizza and Scottish pizza is apparently very similar, as for canadian pizza... well it doesn't look gross! Our pizza does not have corn in it thank you very much!
After finding a few things we went for mexican food. Where they have real nachos. Not from a bag actually out of the oven, Amazing!
"Thanks for emailing me Kaylee, Im really glad I had an excuse to go out and do stuff tonight"said Rochelle. Anderson nodded his head in agreement. "I would have just gone home got pissed and listaned to ABBA till I passed out"Krissy informed me. "I think you talk about getting drunk more then you actually do"Rochelle said. "Well if I can't drink I have to at least pretend like I am, Im scottish!Wheres the nearest pub I need a pint!"

No comments:

Post a Comment