Monday, May 14, 2012

Saskatchewan preachers forced to form marriages by the Government.

I've been reading a lot of peoples comments on the internet about "Gay Marriage". I remember having a conversation with my dad and how it upset him because marriage is the union between a man and women. I think I have such a torn heart when it comes to gay people. On one hand I know its not my right to judge them but on the other I want to know that its their freedom that is allowing them to be gay. I don't know anyone personally who is gay which makes it even harder because it doesn't effect my life to be honest.
I saw a post and it was showing activists who were arguing about racism in front of parliament building and saying how stupid people will look 40 years from today who argue against gay marriage. Some of the comments made me so upset, have people forgotten the marriage comes from God. I mean Im not stating facts but do you really think it was the law that made up marriage? I just get so confused, all this bickering when it comes down to two people being in love shouldn't they be able to celebrate that? Im not saying Im for gay marriage or against. I want to know why God put a "stop sign" on it in the first place? Most sins make sense as to why you don't do them. mostly because they destroy things like trust, purity. If you lie you're killing truth, right? But why did God not want two women together or two men? Im not gay but I really don't like the hatred some Christians portray "in the name of God." I feel so sad for gay people, I can't believe what it must feel like. My mom thinks gay people are confused, but I don't share that view. The thing is I have learned that the media does not teach you truth (some people may be thinking "duh Kaylee"). I understand why rape is wrong because you are taking so many things away from that person like purity, trust, honor, basic human safety.
 I trust God, I know that he is amazing and merciful. I just wish he would tell me why. So many people twist Gods word to fit themselves. I want to see God for who he is, Genuine. A non condemning presence, who loves, WHO LOVES. I could just weep when I think about how many people destroy the beauty of Christ, not for the destruction but to the blindness in it. Maybe because I was once responsible for it. These are just thoughts, my broken view.

No comments:

Post a Comment