David and I have been spending a lot of time going to the clinic and watching movies, which kinda sucks. I wish we could go jump in the ocean and go for runs together, but his foot is a little winy child that needs lots of attention. We were sitting and talking one evening when David spotted a spotted white and black gecko sitting in the corner of the room.
Earlier that week we went for supper with Mike and Cindy and they had told us about this one time when Mike was standing in the trees and Cindy spotted a spotted lizard hanging above Mikes head she told him to very slowly walk out of the trees but unlike every man, Mike did not listen and came (as manly as possible)screaming out of the bush! They went on to tell us that this certain gecko gets to such a size and if it feels threatened it will jump for your jugular! So when David had spotted this little spotted gecko in the corner of the room we reacted quickly by grabbing a small cup and a bottle of water. David calmy asked me what to do and as my dad had spoken he would hit the gecko a few times to shock it then capture it in a bag. So I instincivly told David to hit it. So he does. The gecko goes running at our feet (and they are fast)! I hop back as the small creature goes under the bed.David then put his face down under the bed and says I think I see it. Then he got a broom mean while im holding the cup like container to catch the GECKO! "I'll push it your way" David said calmly mean while I'm thinking NO! I do not want to touch the biting thing thank you! he gets a broom and after a while of pushing the bed around the room the gecko makes a run for it like a prisoner escape from a jail. I trap it in the container and toss it out the window. The first gecko we have caught and released!
That's hilarious! And David was calm the whole time?! Wow.
ReplyDelete