I went back to the villa it smelt slightly odd, like burnt ketchup chips ( how do I know how they taste is a different story).
I went to yoga today. Thomas our instructor first taught us how to breath like sea monkeys. "Breath in through your throat, keep your head down Kaylee". Then we began to put our arms and legs in positions they didn't appreciate. It was like playing twister, by yourself. Thomas would add in jokes and stories between instructions. He would talk about how much yoga does for your body, then add if he could only stop his drinking problem he'd be great! He then would tell my father to fix something. Dad did not enjoy yoga he brought up ailments that stopped him from doing the same pose I was doing, like tendonitis. Even though I just got out of physio for carpel tunnel. Thomas then assured us that the pain we were feeling from the stretch is where yoga begins "when pain starts is when yoga starts". Later he told us that "It's just your mind telling your body it feels pain". Ya I know Thomas its screaming it!
I did enjoy the class. I think I would enjoy it more after I go a few more times and get used to Thomas's teaching skills.
A couple hours later we went to a vietnamese restaurant. Dad ordered the number two and I ordered the beef salad. I get a bowl of noodles I think to myself hmm weird salad and eat it. Then about five minutes later another plate comes out with beef salad in it. Dad and I looked at each other then the plate, then back at each other. We finish the meal that was first brought out to us. We try to ask the waitress who speaks very little english What the meal was. She then pointed to the number two on the menu and then Dad said" yes, thats what I had but what did she have." seeing as the second plate was suppose to be my meal. The waitress replied while pointing at the menu "number two...two" it wasn't till after a bit of back and forth with the menu that we realized that when my dad ordered the number two she thought he was meaning two orders so really she kept saying "number two...too"! Poor women spoke better english then we thought. It reminded me of a funny story that took place on the telephone between my oldest sister and my Grandma. We named one of our cats T.C. simply for the cat. When My sister asked my grandma what T.C. stands for my grandma would reply "the cat". My sister would then repeat herself thinking my grandma didn't understand the question "yes grandma the cat. What does T.C. stand for"? My grandma again but even slower would repeat "the cat". as you can imagine this went on a few more times. Till finally my grandma said "T for THE and C for CAT"!
Lol. I very much enjoy your stories Kaylee. Write more, I want to know how you're doing,what's going on.
ReplyDeleteWere there a lot of ants? What kind of ants?