Friday, November 6, 2009
Who Knew The Ocean Was So Empty
I went to the ocean. More specifically Rawai beach. Phuket has a lot of british visitiors so I hear a lot of accents. Thai people walk by you trying to sell blankets and fruit while you sit on the beach. The sand here is like nothing I've ever experienced before, it's soft and warm. The waves crash into the shore. I went snorkaling and the water was empty no seaweed no rocks. The odd fish would swim by but it was so close in color to the sand you didn't really notice them. the water was very salty and would burn my eyes if I hadn't been wearing goggles. I would dive down and find very tiny sea shells that were smaller than a dime. Next week I'm starting my diving lessons I am really excited about this! They say that we know more about the moon then our own oceans. I burnt my skin a bit I guess the sun block I have isn't waterproof. The Thai people are very nice and the put their palms together and bow their heads to show you respect. Mike warned us not to do this back because we're tourists and we'll probably screw it up. Dad says next week that we will rent skooters to get around on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you hear that Obama went to China (I think? Or Japan) and he met the emperor and he bowed to him and a LOT of people in the States are mad about this because, "the States doesn't bow down to anyone" but it's a greeting and a sign of respect, not power. He was acknowledging their culture so I think he did well.
ReplyDelete