We went for a drive on the wrong side of the road for a while so we both could get used to it. Dad then spotted a nice mexican restaurant and with out telling me made a really sharp left turn and scared me. We met the restaurant owner Terry. A nice man from the states. He talked with my dad for a while about football and hockey (the best two sports in the world ha ha). I was distracted by a small toad that hopped across the floor and a little lizard that crawled on the wall. A soy dog (street dog) walked towards the restaurant, Terry yells out "I know you like my restaurant, but I don't like you"! Soy dogs are slow and may have rabies so you can't pet them. After we were done our food we headed home, or what was to be home for the next two months.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
You Come Today? Good Good!
Today we woke up and went for breakfast in the restaurant, they have a huge fruit buffet. I packed up my stuff and we headed to the airport. When we made it to Phuket, Mike a big bald guy met us at the gate. He is a mutual friend of my father's. He drove us from the airport to our villa in Soy Korny. Some of the stuff I packed exploded in my bag so I had to clean it all up. Mike then drove us to rent our jeep. A old white jeep with the steering wheel on the right side of it. The roads are crazy! Mostly because the rules we have in Canada don't really apply here, like signaling or lane changing, or right of way. I hope next week I can rent a skooter they look like a lot of fun to ride on. We then drove (very carefully) to the local mall to pick up a few things for the villa, shampoo, cereal, toilet paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kaylee I love the description in your blogs. Very well done. : ) I miss you.
ReplyDelete