Friday, November 20, 2009

I Am The Tight Rope Walker

A pipe in the wall must have broke. When our maid came for the first time, she found a bunch of water downstairs. I didn't realize that all the water was coming from my shower! Dad then started asking me a bunch of questions about the shower. Getting mad at me, I thought this was unfair so I told him he does not have the right to be angry with me... this was not a wise choice he started telling me how he was going to send me home because I didn't respect him enough. He told me that my bedroom was a mess! Just for clarification I make my bed everyday, and put my clothes away in my closet. The huge mess he was talking about was my makeup and toothbrush on the counter by the sink! after some heated debate dad told me to clean up the mess down stairs with a mop. The maid was already down there cleaning it up, so I helped her. No real damage to anything, well that can be seen. After a while my dad came into my room and wanted to give me a hug because he realized he overreacted. I told him I didn't want his hug. I didn't want to hear his sorry. A sorry that didn't mean any thing I know that some day I will fall through the ice again and it won't be my fault, yet I will be the one getting targeted. I understood we had a problem, the floor was flooding but going around pointing fingers and making assumptions were not going to fix the problem. I feel like a tight rope walker around my father, any false move and I could fall. My mom has always been the safety net that I depend on, without her I don't feel entirely safe. Dad gave me a real apology later, one that seemed more about him then just the current situation. Since then we have been getting along fine. I still spend a lot of time in my room reading, mostly the bible I have read up to first chronicles. I try to get up early to either go for a walk or go swimming depending on how hot it is outside. I have a cold so Dad and I haven't planned any scuba diving yet (your not suppose to go with a plug nose). Its been very cloudy the last couple of days not to warm. When I ride my scooter I actually get a bit cold.

1 comment:

  1. Awe. Sweet heart. *HUG* I strongly dislike people who scape goat. If it makes you feel any better I've been fighting alot with Nathan lately... Haha. Not so much a comparison.

    I feel for you. Love you girl. Keep blogging, I love these. And the titles are all so creative! <3

    ReplyDelete