We went back on the boat and had a great thai lunch rice and seafood and fresh fruit. They also had pop which were in old glass pop bottles which is the norm in Thailand. Then we got on our gear again and hopped into the water for another scuba lesson. I didn't get to see a turtle or an octapus but I saw lots of star fish blue in color. you feel as if your on the moon the way things are new and how weightless you feel.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
One Small Step
"If ya see this sagnal" as Tod put his hand to his forehead."It maens shark"! Tod our scuba instructor from Texas reminded us of all the signals of open water diving. As we made our descend we saw large schools of black and yellow fish. and coral that looked like giant flat appartment buildings. They were orange and brown in color. I posed for an underwater picture as my Dad tried to get his balance. Tod thinks the reason my dad floats so much is that he has good lungs, I guess he never should have stopped smoking. We practiced a few emergency procedures under the water, like what signal and what to do if your low on air. How to remove and clear your mask when under the water. Then we began to swim it was fun all the sounds are so loud and clear that is something I never new before it's not that the sounds are distorted or far off, every sound is just louder. A trailer or traitor fish swam out It was a little bigger than a football it swam up to Tod and bit his fin. Fish mostly only attack when they are trying to defend something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I felt weightless when I jumped off the bridge. Actually just when it pulls you back up and you hang in mid air before falling again. I did not feel weightless when I jumped. There I felt gravity. Gravity is unkind.
ReplyDelete